ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Shattering a mosaic of images

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alex ezorskyShattering a mosaic of images
by on Dec 30, 2009 at 9:01:13 am

My desired affect: Have images of humanitarian workers fly past the camera from behind to then organize themselves so their larger composition resembles an image of earth.

Step 1, make compound mosaic of images that forms a larger image which resembles earth, using the program MocOsaix (huuge image)

Step 2, Shatter this image with 0 gravity so each of the little images will fall towards the screen

Step 3 Reverse composition.

Everything worked and it looks beautiful......exceeeept

on final render I instantly get a After Effects Error: Unable to allocate space for an image buffer: 17,777 x 9,9999

Ok so duh, AE doesn't like files that are near 20thousand pixels wide. But then why can it handle playing with them in my comp, and does ANYONE have a better idea how to do this? Or how to render this since its already done and beautiful?

Thanks a ton

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Shattering a mosaic of images
by on Dec 30, 2009 at 2:58:42 pm

That's a very big image buffer -- 678 MB. You might find enlightment in Todd Kopriva's blog entry "Don't starve your software of RAM."

Can you tell us about your system? How much RAM? How many processors? Is multi-processing enabled?

If you render to an image sequence instead of a movie, how many frames does it create successfully (if any) before it fails?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved