ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE won't re-import 6400x3600 res

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caspar StrackeAE won't re-import 6400x3600 res
by on Dec 30, 2009 at 8:03:56 am

Hello everyone,
one day before this year ends I am facing a pretty mean obstacle with AE.
I am working in a monster Hi res 6400x3600 and need to re-import rendered out QTs into AE.
I am working in ProRes, all lower resolutions work when re-importng, but for the big one AE tells me "...MooV file damaged or unsupported" - both not true (I tested files)
Also, Animation codec wont work in this size. Try to increase memory, no luck. Anybody knows a trick, or have I simply reached the max?

Happy New Year,

Caspar Stracke (AE CS4)

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: AE won't re-import 6400x3600 res
by on Dec 30, 2009 at 2:46:37 pm

[Caspar Stracke] "I am working in a monster Hi res 6400x3600 and need to re-import rendered out QTs into AE. I am working in ProRes, all lower resolutions work when re-importng, but for the big one AE tells me "...MooV file damaged or unsupported... Also, Animation codec wont work in this size. Try to increase memory, no luck. Anybody knows a trick, or have I simply reached the max?"

This seems to be a bug in After Effects. Quicktime supports these large resolutions, but AE won't read them.

You should render out to an image sequence instead; AE will have no trouble reimporting this.

Another big benefit to rendering image sequences with hi-res projects like these is that if you make tweaks, you only need to re-render the changed frames; you can save a lot of time by not re-rendering the entire movie.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: AE won't re-import 6400x3600 res
by on Dec 30, 2009 at 3:23:19 pm

... and if the computer crashes mid-render (perish the thought), you only need to re-render the missing frames in the image sequence. Just a thought.

Return to posts index

Caspar StrackeRe: AE won't re-import 6400x3600 res
by on Dec 30, 2009 at 8:07:13 pm

it worked! Walter, you made my day!
Much thanks!

Caspar Stracke

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]