ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects CS4 Render Quick Time To Premiere CS4

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent D'AmicoAfter Effects CS4 Render Quick Time To Premiere CS4
by on Dec 30, 2009 at 5:57:37 am

I rendered a scene Title screen with some effect's animation etc. It looks very smoothe when its in high quality mode in After Effects CS4.

When I render it out, At Best Quality / Animation / Lossless / Quick Time. The Typography has a lil rough edge when brought into Premiere CS4 as a .mov. The roughness on the type edge's doesnt happened when it's in After Effect's. Whats the best conversion for this type of rendering?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects CS4 Render Quick Time To Premiere CS4
by on Dec 30, 2009 at 4:29:22 pm

Did you render using fields... AND in the proper field order for your footage?

Are you viewing this on a computer monitor? Using some applications, you need to look at the footage on a video monitor to judge the quality.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Vincent D'AmicoRe: After Effects CS4 Render Quick Time To Premiere CS4
by on Dec 30, 2009 at 4:40:52 pm

I figured out what it was,I forgot that, I didnt set the Preview To High Quality heh. When I rendered it out it showed better.

I'm working on a dual quad mac with 8 gigs of ram,

30 inch mac studio display

But at the current Time Im probally doing it sloppy, I created my 5 second clip in after effects than ported it over as a Quick Time to Premiere.

Is there anyway to bring over the after effects file? Straight into premiere. So that I dont have to render x2 in after effect's than in Adobe Media Encoder. Im probably losing some quality over that. Heh trying to edit this video together by tomorrow night's new year's party with our friends.

Thank You Much Appreciated,

Return to posts index

by on Dec 30, 2009 at 6:06:42 pm

Heck, it it's the kind of New Year's eve party where everyone's half in the bag by ten, don't sweat it -- they won't even be able to distinguish between good and bad-looking video.

As long as we aren't talking HDV, just render out of AE in the codec you use in Premiere.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: After Effects CS4 Render Quick Time To Premiere CS4
by on Dec 30, 2009 at 7:07:46 pm

I agree with Dave, just do it in the codec you use for Premiere.

Also, side note; get more RAM. If you've got 8 cores, you need at least 16 gigs to get decent use out of multiprocessing.
Here's great post explaining that.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Vincent D'AmicoRe: After Effects CS4 Render Quick Time To Premiere CS4
by on Dec 30, 2009 at 7:41:10 pm

Thank's guy's.

Thank's for the link Michael, I couldnt afford another 2k for the bigger RAM 8g - 16g at the time for the machine at the time my focus was print. Ill have to check into the pricing at the mac shop now.

I happend to have run into another issue though. Some of our footage was hdv clips. Some were with my other DV Camera which I have the tape from. We captured multiple angles from the set.

I captured the whole tape from the dv cam in premiere got the .mov file out of it. Around 5 gigs with sound. When I cut a clip from Source Window. Than put it in my Time Line. Is there anyway besides rendering the clip as a mov to send the clip in my timeline to after effects? So i can add some oomph to the scene's?

Return to posts index

by on Dec 30, 2009 at 8:48:39 pm

[Vincent D'Amico] "Some of our footage was hdv clips... Is there anyway besides rendering the clip as a mov to send the clip in my timeline to after effects?"

I wouldn't. You NEED to do that render to a codec AE can actually use, and it ain't HDV! Here's why:

Dave's Stock Answer #1:

If the footage you imported into AE is any kind of the following -- footage in an HDV acquisition codec, MPEG1, MPEG2, mp4, m2t, H.261 or H.264 -- you need to convert it to a different codec.

These kinds of footage use temporal, or interframe compression. They have keyframes at regular intervals, containing complete frame information. However, the frames in between do NOT have complete information. Interframe codecs toss out duplicated information.

In order to maintain peak rendering efficiency, AE needs complete information for each and every frame. But because these kinds of footage contain only partial information, AE freaks out, resulting in a wide variety of problems.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]