ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Stabilization Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy WiebeStabilization Problem
by on Dec 30, 2009 at 4:49:26 am

I'm working with AE CS4 on a macbook pro 10.5. When I apply my motion tracker to the shaky footage the anchor points do not counter against the tracking points, thus no stabilization occurs. For example, the feature center point of the tracker goes up 20 pixels on the y axis from frame 1 to frame 2. The Anchor Point y axis goes up 20 pixels on the y axis also, thus not countering the tracker. The motion tracking is solid. If I manually adjust y axis anchor point I achieve stability between frame 1 and 2... and so forth. Am I missing something? My footage is a time-lapse sequence exported as a .mov from final cut pro. Please advise. Thank You.

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner BrownleeRe: Stabilization Problem
by on Dec 30, 2009 at 11:54:53 am

The feature point doesn't affect the layer at all. Only the other keyframes in the Transform properties. So you don't have to worry about that.

Do you have any keyframes on the Position property? Those would counter the Anchor keyframes.

Ditch all the keyframes you currently have, then re-stabilize the footage, as it sounds like you're on the right track.

All the best,

Curious Turtle Pro Video
Training | Editing | Support
Out Now - Film Wash Color Effects Vol. 3
& Mocha training for AE & FCP

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Stabilization Problem
by on Dec 30, 2009 at 2:48:31 pm

It sounds like you might have clicked the "Track Motion" button -- you want to click the "Stabilize Motion" button in the tracker instead.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved