ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Image Sequence frame rate

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron NeeImage Sequence frame rate
by on Dec 29, 2009 at 8:44:31 pm

I have some image sequences that I am bringing into AE, but when I set the Interpret Footage frame rate at 23.976 (the appropriate frame rate) the clip is considerably longer than it should be.

When I open the same sequence in QuickTime player and interpret the footage as 23.976, the timing is correct.

Any help on what I might be doing wrong in AE would be greatly appreciated. I want to be able to work with the image sequence because of the extra bit depth of the TIFFs.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Image Sequence frame rate
by on Dec 29, 2009 at 9:11:59 pm

There's something very fishy here. Frankly, I think you got something wrong in the application you used BEFORE you brought these sequences into AE.

But that's just speculation. Before we can give you a straight answer, you'll have to provide more information:
  • How were these image sequences created?
  • If made from video, what frame rate was used for shooting?
  • What kind of camera?
  • If made from video, what was the frame rate of the edit timeline?
  • What edit application?
  • How big a discrepancy exists between the duration of a sequence interpreted in AE and what it should be?

That ought to do it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Aaron NeeRe: Image Sequence frame rate
by on Dec 29, 2009 at 9:42:29 pm

Dave, Thanks so much for your quick reply. Upon further investigation I discovered that the sequences are the correct length, I was just measuring them against the wrong clips.

I think I may try working less and sleeping more, then maybe all of my software woes will go away.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved