ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rendering problems for AE CS4

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
roy lindsayRendering problems for AE CS4
by on Dec 27, 2009 at 4:01:48 am

I am having trouble with a video that I made In AE thats 30 seconds long. I recorded in 720p hd and Im using sound elements that are 96 khz.

My computer specs are as followed: Lenovo Thinkpad Y650/ 4GB Ram, Intel graphics media accelerator graphics card, 60 herts refresh rate, windows vista home basic 64 bit.
Alright, first off when I finished the video, I added it to my render queue and set my settings as followed:
Video: For Windows, Best quality.
Sound: 96 khz, 16 bit (not sure what that means), stereo.

From there I rendered it, after it completed, I played it in Windows media player. Off the bat it started to suck. For example my computer was lagging very bad, the video would freeze then speed up really quick, over and over again. When I rendered videos before this never happened, but I believe its because I was not recording even close to 720p qaulity.
Thanks a lot, help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. when I prerender my comp it only prerenders like 5 seconds. Im not sure what that is about but help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Travis HowleRe: Rendering problems for AE CS4
by on Dec 27, 2009 at 6:34:06 am

Have you tried to restart your computer after you render? Is after effects still running while you try playback?

I used to have this issue; and it was because media player wasn't getting enough resources for a smooth play back. Then again, it may be partly due to disk fragmentation. Could be anything, but I highly doubt it has anything to do with After Effects rendering it.

Try to restart, and play it. Still a problem, try to defrag, try playing on another computer.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Rendering problems for AE CS4
by on Dec 28, 2009 at 4:03:45 pm

Any time you try to play back a high-quality file in a media player from just a single-disk drive (i.e. not a disk array like a RAID), your computer's going to choke. No way around it. That little pea-shooter drive can't keep up with the high bit rate a high-quality file creates.

To reassure yourself things are fine, drag that file into Adobe Media Encoder and make something like an mp4 or h.264 file.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

roy lindsayRe: Rendering problems for AE CS4
by on Dec 30, 2009 at 6:17:46 am

Thanks a lot for your help everyone, I tried your suggestions and I am able to watch it with ease.
Thank you,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved