ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Looking for a Great AE Workshop

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark VolkersLooking for a Great AE Workshop
by on Dec 27, 2009 at 2:48:18 am

I can create fairly decent animations, logos, bugs, maps, etc., in After Effects, but feel like I'm only using about 10% of what it can do. It's time to go to some actual training. Can anyone recommend a really good, hand's-on, in-depth workshop somewhere, that won't break the bank?

Return to posts index

david bogieRe: Looking for a Great AE Workshop
by on Dec 27, 2009 at 7:09:45 pm

Working in a class is great fun but I recommend you invest in a series of downloadable or DVD-based training aids. The stuff from the cow is fabulous. Total Training is fabulous. Buy all of the books by Trish and Chris Meyer. If you don't mind using design and animation training materials for earlier versions of AE, eBay is a great place to look for outdated books and DVDs. The principles of design and workflow are more or less constant.

Return to posts index

Mark VolkersRe: Looking for a Great AE Workshop
by on Dec 27, 2009 at 8:48:14 pm

Thanks for the response. Total Training is very good and I've benefited from it. There's something great, though, about being in a room full of other humans, with some workshop leaders who know more than I do and can answer specific questions.

Return to posts index

mikkell khanRe: Looking for a Great AE Workshop
by on Dec 28, 2009 at 3:39:47 am

That's all you'll ever need.

In fact, some individuals claim that they've learnt more from this site than their entire degree in after effects/motion (whatever that degree would be called).

They have a free beginners training videos up and then after that a bunch of free advanced tutorials.

What you do pay for are the packages of specialized graphical effects, music and sound effects they sell.

Mikkell Khan
Diamond Films Ltd. (Trinidad and Tobago)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved