ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Cross Dissolve doesn't translate from Premiere any more

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel ChristieCross Dissolve doesn't translate from Premiere any more
by on Dec 24, 2009 at 10:36:39 pm

Hi,

I've just tried to import a project from Premiere into AE (latest versions 4.2 and 9.0.2.42) and cross disolve no longer translates. There is no black solid to indicate an unsupported transition, but no opacity key frames either. It's a while since I've done this, but Cross dissolve used to translate without issue.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Daniel

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Cross Dissolve doesn't translate from Premiere any more
by on Dec 25, 2009 at 4:22:31 am

It should work. Cross Dissolve is the only transition that should be translated---as a solid with Opacity keyframes. If it's not working for you, please send a bug report giving some details. You can either fill out the bug-report/feature-request form or send email to aebugs at adobe dot com.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Jason HeasterRe: Cross Dissolve doesn't translate from Premiere any more
by on Jan 14, 2010 at 10:48:30 pm

I'm having the same issues with the cross dissolve not importing from a Premiere Pro project. And I have the same version:

PremPro: 4.2.1
AFX: 9.0.2.42
Matrox RT.X2 with driver version 4.1

The clips overlap once they are imported into afx, but the opacity keyframes do not change. This bug occurs with dissolves of all different transition lengths, and I have tried it with MXF's, MPG's, and AVI's and still get the same results.

Any new thoughts? I guess I'll do the bug report too...

Return to posts index

Daniel ChristieRe: Cross Dissolve doesn't translate from Premiere any more
by on Jan 31, 2010 at 12:30:07 pm

Still no love. I did file a bug report. Fingers crossed Adobe fixes this, since it is a major upset to my workflow (alot of compositing heavy work and absolutely everything is finished in AE!) I reinstalled AE in the hope that this problem had occured in an update to the Premiere import plug in. Possibly a change to the .pproj EDL syntax in Premiere that hasn't been communicated to the AE dev. team. That's my guess.

I really hope someone is listening at Adobe.

Return to posts index

Steve CeeRe: Cross Dissolve doesn't translate from Premiere any more
by on Feb 4, 2010 at 5:25:43 pm

Have the same problem and it's killing me to stick all the cross dissolves back in by hand. Some acknowledgement from Adobe would be nice here!

Steve Cee

Return to posts index

Brian HornRe: Cross Dissolve doesn't translate from Premiere any more
by on Dec 7, 2010 at 2:03:21 am

I'm having the same issue with CS5. From what I can tell, it creates a brand new solid and puts the opacity on THAT?!

That would be pretty nutty if that's as close as it gets. Especially since Automatic Duck does it just fine from a Final Cut xml...what gives?

-Brian
http://www.bullbythehorns.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]