ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE Books or tutorials

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
johnsabbath d'urzoAE Books or tutorials
by on Dec 22, 2009 at 12:26:56 am

Hi Guys

I have been working with after effects for about 10 years and looking to improve my knowledge of the software. I am using cs3 without any 3rd party plugins. Looking to buy a book to get into some special effects and a different outlook on motion graphics. I would also like to learn how to use the camera and lights, also scripting. Well can anyone recommend a good book for me also some sites?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE Books or tutorials
by on Dec 22, 2009 at 1:15:30 am

As far as websites, here's a list of resources that I recommend.

As far as books go, I recommend Chris & Trish Meyer's After Effects Apprentice and the After Effects Classroom in a Book for getting started. More advanced books that I recommend are the Meyers' Creating Motion Graphics and Mark Christiansen's After Effects Studio Techniques. There are a lot of other good books, too, but these are the ones that are best for an overall view of After Effects.

There are a lot of free excerpts from these books on the publishers' websites. I refer to most of them in context in After Effects Help, so you can use a search like this one to find the links.

I also review most of these books on my blog.

Regarding tutorials: You're already on one of the best sites for tutorials about After Effects. There's a lot of excellent material here on the COW. Here's a blog post in which I point to a bunch of video tutorials and show you how you can search for tutorials effectively using the After Effects Community Help search.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Nandom MauriceRe: AE Books or tutorials
by on Dec 23, 2009 at 8:32:01 am

I recently got admitted to school at the National television college of Nigeria(TVC)and has started studying AE and rally have the desire to be great I need your Help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved