ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

seamless snow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Wardseamless snow
by on Dec 19, 2009 at 12:06:08 am

I'm trying to create seamless snow to put on a screen for an hour while someone is speaking on stage. I need to have it done today.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: seamless snow
by on Dec 19, 2009 at 12:38:06 am

Well, you can create an hour long composition. Use your favorite particle program of choice and make snow.

Or you can create a 6 minute composition of snow, add that composition to a five minute comp. Split it in the middle (ctrl+shift+d on a pc) then move the first half to the end and the second half to the beginning and then keyframe the opacity of the top layer so that it crossfades. You can try a whole minute or just a couple of seconds and see which one you like. That should give you a pretty seamless loop. Note; the numbers I chose are arbitrary, so long as the snow comp is longer than the final comp you should be good.

I hope that made sense.
Do you need help with the actual creation of the snow?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: seamless snow
by on Dec 19, 2009 at 5:54:11 am

Youshould take a look-see at Aharon's tutorial on Looping Particle Systems. Just be mindful that you don't repeat the first and last frames and you'll have a seamless loop.

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved