ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Pixel aspect ratio problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris MännikPixel aspect ratio problem
by on Dec 16, 2009 at 9:33:14 pm

I have a problem in After Effects CS 4. I have footage in HDV 50i and for some reasons I won't be using HDV for editing and I converted it in Vegas to DV PAL Widescreen with the pixel aspect ratio 1,46. The converted footage looks just fine. I import it to AE and do some editing. Anyway when I'm done with it I render it out. With the PAL DV widescreen settings BUT the rendered footage looks 4:3. When I import it to Vegas it shows in the footage properties that the video is indeed PAL DV(1,096). I think I've tried everything to fix that in AE. All the composition and footage settings are set to PAL DV widescreen with the pixel aspect ratio 1,46. Weird thing is that AE doesn't let you change the pixel aspect ratio in the output module. I can strech the video(1050x576) but that's not the same thing anymore, because I want to use the original pixel size, not square pixel.
So my question is, what am I doing wrong. I know I can change the pixel aspect ratio back to 1,46 in Vegas but I need to 3d motion track the video first and I can't change it in Voodoo.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Pixel aspect ratio problem
by on Dec 17, 2009 at 2:22:29 pm

You told us good information about your compositios, but not about your output. What file format you are exporting as, what compression, etc.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Chris MännikRe: Pixel aspect ratio problem
by on Dec 17, 2009 at 2:33:00 pm

Yes, I read it through once and noticed it myself. Anyway the output format is just a pure AVI with no compression.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved