ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

converting properties to markers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
philippe cuccu
converting properties to markers
on Dec 14, 2009 at 11:26:21 am

Hi everyone
I'm looking for an updated version of the script "converting properties to markers" by Michael Coleman from this page : http://blogs.adobe.com/keyframes/2007/10/creating_interactive_video_wit.htm... problem is that it's no longer available. the one provided on cs4 works only partially since it doesn't name the markers correctly and so flash doesn't recognize them. If any of you can send it to me it would be great. thx

Return to posts index

philippe cuccu
Re: converting properties to markers
on Dec 14, 2009 at 1:59:11 pm

In case this is useful for others here's what I've found:

I've edited the jsx file located in the scripts folder located under (on a PC):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS4\Support Files\Scripts\Convert Selected Properties to Markers.jsx

then open it with any editor like notepad++
and you just have to edit line 48, juste replace this
existingMarker.cuePointName = time;

by this
existingMarker.cuePointName = existingMarker.cuePointName;

the save it and you just have to create the first marker, edit it and named it as you wish then select the property(ies) you wish and run the script, so now the markers appears with the little black squares in it and all of them are named like the first one. so flash will recognize the parameters as cuepoints.
hope this is clear enough, if you need the file modified here it is http://rapidshare.com/files/320732499/Convert_Selected_Properties_to_Marker...

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Dec 14, 2009 at 4:52:59 pm

Have you applied the After Effects CS4 (9.0.2) update? I think that this script was fixed in that update.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

philippe cuccu
on Dec 15, 2009 at 9:37:22 am

Hi Todd, and thx for replying so fast.
I actually have version 9.0.2.42 installed but it seems it's not the updated version of the script. I don't know why. editing it solved the problem but I don't know if it's the best way to edit it, like I did, I'm not a dev.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]