ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

"Timecop" Time travel effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy"Timecop" Time travel effect
by on Dec 14, 2009 at 5:45:09 am

Hi forum.

Does anybody know how to make an effect that look similar to the time travel effect seing in the movie "TimeCop" with Jean-Claude Van Damme.?

Can this watery effect be done in after effect? Is there a preset or plugin out there which could make-a-look-like?

Any advice would help. The effect does not have to be perfect as in the movie beacause I know they used some 3D application, I have Cinema4D but I am still new at that.

Regards Hamid

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: "Timecop" Time travel effect
by on Dec 14, 2009 at 2:19:00 pm

Timecop came out in 1994. I have never seen it, but I'm guessing the technology to create this special effect wasn't terribly advanced compared to the applications we have today. Just knowing Jean-Claude Van Damme and most action movies of the 90's I'm guessing with the right combination of effects you could make a much better looking shot.

Just out of curiousity, I took the liberty of whipping out my iPhone and heading to YouTube to view the trailer. (YouTube is blocked at work, a hazard of working behind a Department of Defense firewall.)

If the effect to which you refer is the one seen in the trailer, then you can do this pretty well in AE. Just try out combinations of different distort effects and add a bit of fractal noise in there too.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved