ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Looking to to Update my current Ident!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy CollinsLooking to to Update my current Ident!
by on Dec 14, 2009 at 1:06:03 am

I am looking to update the current Ellipsis Entertainment ident.
I want to keep the same design, with the color bars, just give it a little more. It is very 2D, without any depth, making it feel flat. Looking at other production company idents, I feel it may need to feel a little more 3D and/or have some lighting effects. I'm not totally sure what it is that I am looking for; I do like the current ident, I think it just needs a little more graphic depth. If anyone is interested in playing with this, feel free! I am looking for any help I can get. If you have any questions, you may email me at Thank you in advance and have a great day!

Needed Dimensions: 1920 x 1080

Frame Rate: 24p

Video of current Ident:

Download each color bars frame and logo to help create the file here:

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Looking to to Update my current Ident!
by on Dec 14, 2009 at 3:06:54 am

I can understand your desire to change your ident. Years ago, it would have been fine, but not in today's world.
My current schedule precludes me from being able to help other than offering suggestions and questions.
Question: what is your actual logo? Your Vimeo account has one logo, but your "ident" has another. They are very, very different. The color, texture, font, and pretty much every thing else is different. You should probably pick one and stick with it to have a cohesive brand identity. As it is, it just looks like you're goofing off.
Suggestion: the current ident is too long. If visually interesting things were happening, it'd be okay; but since nothing happens it should be shorter. Make sure, whoever creates your new ident, that it is interesting or is significantly shorter.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved