ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Disappearing window

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon BlairDisappearing window
by on Dec 12, 2009 at 7:02:50 pm

When I go to export my composition to clip notes, or H.264, DVD-MPEG, the window does not appear. But if I switch spaces on Leopard OS I can see it in between spaces phantom like. I have many basic trouble shooting: reload AF, restart computer. I wondering of anyone else has this problem?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Disappearing window
by on Dec 14, 2009 at 5:04:22 pm

Dave's Stock Answer #3:

Don't use AE to compress files for final delivery. The various compressors are there only to make quick 'n dirty files showing a project's progress to producers, clients, the kids, etc. AE is incapable of doing multipass encoding, a crucial feature that greatly improves the image quality of H.264 and MPEG-type files in particular.

Render a high-quality file from AE, and use a different application to do the compression. Popular ones are Adobe Media Encoder, Sorenson Squeeze and Apple's Compressor, which comes bundled with Final Cut Suite. Even compressing in Quicktime Pro is better than compressing in AE.

Making good-looking compressed files is almost as much an art as it is a science. It is NOT straightforward at all. I recommend asking a few questions at the COW's Compression Techniques forum.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Brandon BlairRe: Disappearing window
by on Dec 14, 2009 at 7:47:49 pm

thanks. I will do that. But it still bothers me that my program is not working properly, It was before. So if anyone knows what is causing the software to freak out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved