ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can Typewriter Preset be limited to numbers as character value?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch TemkinCan Typewriter Preset be limited to numbers as character value?
by on Dec 10, 2009 at 10:47:28 pm

I'm trying to use the Typewriter preset to spell out a word over time, but I'd like to have all the temporary characters be numbers and/or mathematical symbols that resolve to the final text. Anybody know a trick to do that? Adjusting Character Value and Character Offset hasn't done it so far. Trying to do it frame-by-frame with another layer looks too chunky. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Or if any of you know a way to get the same effect without the Typewriter effect that's be great, too.

Thanks.

Mitch Temkin
Video & Grfx Production
864 Almond Drive
Watsonville, CA 95076
831-722-9767 [office]
831-241-2344 [cell]
juxtaposer@charter.net

Return to posts index

david bogieRe: Can Typewriter Preset be limited to numbers as character value?
by on Dec 11, 2009 at 3:54:53 pm

There's no reason to crosspost to multipl AE forums till you know you're not going to get an answer.

You got this over at adobe.com:

You simply need more character value and offset animators before the actual randomization and then use group modes like intersect and difference to limit the range of characters that will be usable by the actual type on effect. Sure, one could do it all with expressions as well, but that sounds like the long way round...
Mylenium

bogiesan

Return to posts index

ronaldo montalvoRe: Can Typewriter Preset be limited to numbers as character value?
by on Dec 11, 2009 at 6:05:24 pm

who made up that rule?

Return to posts index

Mitch TemkinRe: Can Typewriter Preset be limited to numbers as character value?
by on Dec 13, 2009 at 1:21:13 am

David - There is a great reason to post in more than one place - I want to know the answer - and I'm figuring there isn't a 100% overlap of forum attendees. Have you ever heard of anyone who advertises in just one place and then waits to see the response before advertising in a second place? Most people/companies do it in multiple places. See the ads on the sides of this forum? They appear in other places, too. I'm asking the question in two places on purpose - to get an answer ASAP. If I could think of a third or fourth place I'd ask there, too. Got an answer to the original question about numbers in that preset?

Mitch Temkin
Video & Grfx Production
864 Almond Drive
Watsonville, CA 95076
831-722-9767 [office]
831-241-2344 [cell]
juxtaposer@charter.net

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Can Typewriter Preset be limited to numbers as character value?
by on Dec 14, 2009 at 5:49:42 pm

[Mitch Temkin] "Got an answer to the original question about numbers in that preset? "

I Believe the answer was.....

"You simply need more character value and offset animators before the actual randomization and then use group modes like intersect and difference to limit the range of characters that will be usable by the actual type on effect. Sure, one could do it all with expressions as well, but that sounds like the long way round...
Mylenium "

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]