ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS3 - Exporting multiple clips after 1 GB file size

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
william sousaAE CS3 - Exporting multiple clips after 1 GB file size
by on Dec 10, 2009 at 3:23:09 pm

Hi there,
I have what I hope to be a minor problem, but one big enough to slow down my work flow.

When I export from the render queue (.mov (animation codec)) in after effects cs3, my files get split after it reaches 1 GB in size.

So for instance if I am exporting CLIP, in my output folder I will see:

CLIP.mov - 1GB
CLIP(2).mov - 1GB
CLIP(3).mov - 250 MB

How do I get my movies to export in one piece?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: AE CS3 - Exporting multiple clips after 1 GB file size
by on Dec 10, 2009 at 3:55:28 pm

there is a an option in the output preferences (preferences>output) to segment files. uncheck that option and you should get a single file.

note that if you happen to be using a drive formatted as fat-32, there is a file size limit to that drive structure. it's an old format, but is still used for mac/pc compatibility. i can't remember the limit, but i believe it is around 2gb.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE CS3 - Exporting multiple clips after 1 GB file size
by on Dec 11, 2009 at 4:36:23 am

> note that if you happen to be using a drive formatted as fat-32, there is a file size limit to that drive structure. it's an old format, but is still used for mac/pc compatibility. i can't remember the limit, but i believe it is around 2gb.

"The maximum file size in the FAT scheme is 2 GB, and the maximum file size in the FAT32 scheme is 4 GB"

(from "Overflow volumes and segment settings")

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]