ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

new scam heads-up

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Padraic Culhamnew scam heads-up
by on Dec 10, 2009 at 1:05:51 am

This post could stand to go either here or in an Apple category.

Got an email this AM from 'Apple' claiming to sell Adobe software at outrageously cheap prices (After Effects CS4 for $99?) Beware - THIS IS NOT THE APPLE RETAIL SITE. The url is, NOT The site clone is pretty convincing, but it's NOT Apple's site.

Upon clicking, the first few seconds were primarily Russian/Eastern European text characters, so clearly there's a reroute going on.

You've been warned. And has anybody else seen this 'commerce' email going around?

(And any suggestions for better categories for this post are welcome).

Mac Pro 2x2.8 QuadCore; 6GB RAM; FCStudio2; Adobe Creative Suite 4 Production Premium

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: new scam heads-up
by on Dec 10, 2009 at 1:15:40 am

I too received that email at my work address ... I deleted it without clicking anything, but I can attest that it did indeed look pretty authentic from just the cursory glance I gave it.

I'd suggest posting in the FCP forum too since, although the email is offering Adobe software, it seemed to be directed at Mac users, which there are even more of in the FCP forum than here for obvious reasons.

Return to posts index

Dean SensuiRe: new scam heads-up
by on Dec 10, 2009 at 2:17:19 am

Thanks for the warning.

I got the email, too and it looked too good to be true. So I trashed it.

Dean Sensui -- Hawaii Goes Fishing

Return to posts index

Tom ScottRe: new scam heads-up
by on Dec 10, 2009 at 5:54:03 am

Although it may not get used a lot, it might be worth having a "Community Alerts" forum for posts like this. It's good to see individual members looking out for the rest of the herd. Although I'm not on a Mac, and not quite ready to upgrade to CS4, I certainly appreciate the heads-up. Well done!!

DISCLAIMER: The contents of this post are based primarily on the opinions/understanding of the author. However, commonly known facts may also be included, when relevant.

Return to posts index

Ken LatmanRe: new scam heads-up
by on Dec 10, 2009 at 3:27:29 pm

I also got that email. It had AE for $99 as compared to $799 with Free shipping!
If something is too good to be true,it probably is.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved