ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

What is going on with my Clip-Notes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken LatmanWhat is going on with my Clip-Notes
by on Dec 9, 2009 at 3:28:57 pm

I'm trying to get a clip notes work flow started but I am having some difficultly. I render out a clip notes file from AE in which the video is about 2min. AE goes through the process, which appears to be taking some time. The resulting file is only 148k!?!
When I open the file and try to play it, there is just a blank screen and the timeline just wizzes by. I do have the setting set to have the video to be embeded.
What am I missing or doing wrong?
I do not want to have this hosted by a ftp server. I just would like to post the PDF to one of our file servers, the user can copy it to their system and then send me the comments so I can know what the heck they are talking about.

Return to posts index

Ken LatmanRe: What is going on with my Clip-Notes
by on Dec 9, 2009 at 4:05:32 pm

I have been using Nucleo Pro and thought that maybe related to the issue. I have since disabled it but now when I render it goes so far and an error comes up:
After Efffects error: unable to allocate space for a 1280 x 720 buffer.
You may be experiencing fragmentation. In the the Memory & Multiprocessing Preference dialog box, try increasing the RAM to leave for other applications, and selecting the Enable Disk Cache option in the MEdia & Disk Cache panel.
(7 :: 39)

I have done what was suggested. I increased the disk cache to 4000MB and have increased the RAM for other apps to 6GB (I have 14GB total).

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Ken LatmanRe: What is going on with my Clip-Notes
by on Dec 9, 2009 at 4:42:09 pm

It does appear if I just render out the movie, put it back into AE and then make a new composition of that movie, I can render out a clip note, but this is a very long way around and I don't think as intended as Adobe wanted to implement clip notes.
On a related note, how can change the video to be for Windows when I'm doing this on a Mac? There is only the option of quicktime in the video settings for Clip Notes for me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]