ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Mask interpolation, scribbly line art

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad HodgsonMask interpolation, scribbly line art
by on Dec 8, 2009 at 6:58:05 pm

Hey all,

Can't find a definitive answer on this... hope I didn't word search wrong.

I have a project coming up where the client is looking for a line art that interpolates into different objects/people etc... I'm assuming they will want it to have a scribbly roto look with natural frame-to-frame wiggle...

I know I can interpolate easy enough between paint strokes using paint... and I see I can create a decent animated scribbled line in vector paint... but not entirely sure how to combine the two methods for best results. Has anyone done a project like this with good results? My thinking would be I'd roto using a photo or drawing (depending on how realistic they'd like the lineart to be) using paint and then I'd need to add interpolation and the scribble of the line.

Thanks for any advice,

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Mask interpolation, scribbly line art
by on Dec 8, 2009 at 7:07:55 pm

This thread from yesterday might help. Todd's post in that thread has a link you might find useful too.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Brad HodgsonRe: Mask interpolation, scribbly line art
by on Dec 8, 2009 at 7:10:57 pm

Oh boy... thanks, Michael. Sorry, I thought I had looked over earlier posts well but somehow completely missed this one... looks like this might be good info. Thanks, tons.

Brad Hodgson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved