ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3d photo montage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Morin
3d photo montage
on Dec 8, 2009 at 5:58:37 pm

so i know how to make a 3d photo montage by following the turorial on here. what i would like is the one like this

How do i do that?

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Dave LaRonde
Re: 3d photo montage
on Dec 8, 2009 at 6:17:59 pm

• Get some digital photographs
  • Arrange them in two different planes in 3D space
  • Animate a camera

You wouldn't even have to fool around with lights or a background.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Dec 8, 2009 at 7:13:56 pm

Dave's right, the setup is about the most basic AE stuff in the world.

The only thing that might be tricky is the camera animation if you're not familiar with it. This tutorial here on the COW might give you some pointers on better 3d camera animation.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

David Morin
on Dec 8, 2009 at 10:43:55 pm

ok i am a total noob to this stuff.

is there a tutorial on this? I would like to have this done by xmas as it is for a xmas gift for my mother. I have 118 photos that i would like to use in this. What i dont know how to do is basically all of it. a nice step by step would be great for a green pea like myself :)

Again i have no clue where to start.

Thank you for all your help

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Michael Szalapski
on Dec 9, 2009 at 12:18:23 am

I did link a tutorial on some basic AE things and Dave gave you a step by step.
You import your photos...you place them where you want them...you animate the camera. That's it.

Importing footage and positioning layers are some of the most basic things in After Effects. Right at the top of this thread is a link to tutorials. Some of them cover basic AE techniques. The manual would also be a great resource.

AE is a very complex program and requires a lot of experience to produce good work quickly. There's a reason some of us get paid money to do it on a daily basis.

However, the project you linked to should be able to be done with a very small level of skill. Read the manual, check out some of the basic tutorials and you should be able to do it.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

David Morin
on Dec 10, 2009 at 3:18:49 pm

Thank you for your help. I got it fig out with that link and some help from another website. I really appreciate the help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]