ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Limiting glow effect to specific color/color channel

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Kehn
Limiting glow effect to specific color/color channel
on Dec 7, 2009 at 7:15:46 pm

Hello everybody,

quick question. I'm working on some 3 comps for a project where I am trying to add a glow effect to a specific color. It is sort of a grid of LED lights that display different patterns and are orange. I'd like to add a glow to the Orange to make it pop more, but am having trouble isolating the effect to just the orange without adding glow to all the other highlights in the scene.

I'm messed around with colorama to try and isolate, but am not that familiar with the plugin. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch!

Ryan

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Limiting glow effect to specific color/color channel
on Dec 7, 2009 at 8:17:05 pm

Try using a color key (or some other type of keying effect) on a duplicate layer to key out the orange then reverse the alpha (Channel>Invert then change the Channel it's inverting to Alpha), so all you have is the orange on screen and apply glowy effects on that layer to your heart's content.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Ryan Kehn
Re: Limiting glow effect to specific color/color channel
on Dec 7, 2009 at 8:18:32 pm

Damn, it really is amazing how much you overthink something sometimes...thanks man, I appreciate it. Should've seen that one a couple hours ago!

-Ryan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]