ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

can't get sound in RAM preview AE CS4, i've tried everything!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Robinson
can't get sound in RAM preview AE CS4, i've tried everything!
on Dec 7, 2009 at 6:29:46 pm

hi
i know there are a lot of posts on this issue, but everything i've found hasn't helped. i just can't get sound in RAM preview. i've checked the preferences, the output module and it all appears to be fine. i get sound when i command+scrub the timeline, i can render out sound, see the waveforms but just can't get it on RAM preview. please help, i've got an important deadline and it's making my life so difficult!
thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: can't get sound in RAM preview AE CS4, i've tried everything!
on Dec 7, 2009 at 6:56:07 pm

Just to double-check; you are doing your RAM preview by pressing 0 on your number pad, right?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: can't get sound in RAM preview AE CS4, i've tried everything!
on Dec 7, 2009 at 7:11:55 pm

Assuming you're doing a proper RAM Preview -- and Michael describes how to do it -- you may need to change your AE Preferences. Look for the Audio Hardware and Audio Output Mapping preferences, or something like that, and fool with the settings.

If it doesn't help, change it back, because you may simply have a screwy wav file. If you haven't tried RAM Previewing a different audio file, you don't know if it's a bad file or not.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]