ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

I am happy now

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
les nemeth
I am happy now
on Dec 7, 2009 at 4:58:10 am

I just installed my spanking new GeForce GTX 275 card (PNY brand). An upgrade from my 4 year old GeForce 7900GT.

My comp that I'm currently working on in CS3 renders out 1 minute 20 faster with this new card! Woo-Hoo!

Return to posts index

Brendan Coots
Re: I am happy now
on Dec 8, 2009 at 9:47:15 am

I'm not sure that's even possible. AE can use OpenGL for preview and final rendering, but I've never heard of it providing meaningful speed bumps simply because you can't use "render multiple frames" at the same time as OpenGL final rendering. Therefore, it's almost always a wash or a major speed decrease to do final renders with OpenGL.

Brendan Coots

Splitvision Digital

http://www.splitvisiondigital.com

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Dec 8, 2009 at 10:25:40 pm

Perhaps the old video card was causing some sort of conflict or other issue with his computer's processor, preventing it from being used to it's fullest for AE, and he would have experienced a similar bump in performance if he had merely removed it.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 8, 2009 at 10:30:16 pm

[Brendan Coots] "it's almost always a wash or a major speed decrease to do final renders with OpenGL. "

....not to mention that the folks at Adobe make sure Open GL is off when they render.

For me, that's a BIG clue about what I should do with Open GL.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]