ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

PNG into 3D logo

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Gipson
PNG into 3D logo
on Dec 7, 2009 at 12:14:09 am

Ive got this png logo i want to turn into a 3d logo so I can animate it, whats the easiest way to achieve this?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: PNG into 3D logo
on Dec 7, 2009 at 2:54:44 am

Select the 3D Layer switch for the layer in the Timeline panel, or select the layer and choose Layer > 3D Layer.
More 3d layer info available here.

If you want the layer to have depth you there are several plugins you can use. One of my favs is Zaxwerks 3d Invigorator.
Or, if you don't want plugins, you could duplicate your 3d layer a ton of times and offset each copy a pixel back or forward in z space in AE.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Nick Gipson
on Dec 7, 2009 at 2:59:47 am

Yeahhhh, know of any free plugins, i rally don't want to spend 200 on a plugin

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Dec 7, 2009 at 5:45:04 am

No. If you want a professional look, you will pay for it.

If you want free, do my suggestion of duplicating your layer, like, 20 times and putting them each 1 pixel forward (or backward) in the z axis.

Blender is a free 3d modeling program, but it requires some learning. (As does AE)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Dec 7, 2009 at 6:41:11 am

You can get 3-D logos from AE's shatter but it won't be as customizable as true 3-D in Maya. Nevertheless, it is possible to have extrusions if you tweak it.

You can extrude a logo into a box that wraps around itself, or turn sections of it into illustrator strokes, auto masks, or custom shapes for separate moving 3-d parts. Shatter can map these and accept custom layers. Here's an example project for AE cs3. replace custom shatter picture for blue solid shape layer1, or "picture company" text layer and see how it works.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YXC5F81Y

http://technicolorsoftware.hostzi.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]