ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Timing issues, please help

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Farah DinTiming issues, please help
by on Dec 6, 2009 at 4:24:56 pm

Hello,

I'm using Adobe After Effects CS4 and I am getting confused by some timing issues.When I replay my stop motion animation in the RAM preview the animation runs at a good pace, however when I export my project into an AVI. format, for some reason the video plays at double the pace, like it has been fast forwarded. This may just be a simple problem, but I don't seem to understand how to make the animation play at a decent pace once it has been exported. Should I change the duration or frame rate? Please if anybody can help me it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Timing issues, please help
by on Dec 7, 2009 at 2:46:43 am

Well, for a start, don't export your project. Use the render queue; you'll have a lot more options. How are you doing your RAM preview? Is it by pressing 0 on your number pad? If so, what does the RAM preview panel say while it's playing? What are your frame rate settings in the composition and in your output? How are you playing it back after it's been exported?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Farah DinRe: Timing issues, please help
by on Dec 7, 2009 at 5:49:33 pm

Thank you for your reply, but I have managed to sort it out.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Timing issues, please help
by on Dec 7, 2009 at 3:46:03 pm

If you imported an image sequence of stop motion animation, check its frame rate in AE's Interpret Footage settings:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0/WS3878526689cb91655866c1103906...

In NTSC countries, the default frame rate for image sequences is 30, which most likely should be changed to 29.97. I don't know about PAL-Land.

Of course, we know almost NOTHING about what you're trying to accomplish. We don't know your intended frame rate, we don't know how it was shot (one genius recently decided to shoot on twos, which is fine for motion picture film but horrible for AE), we don't know the frame rate of your comp.... we don't know enough to make an effective diagnosis.

May I assume that in your quest to produce stop-motion animation, you have progressed beyond the point of thinking that it is nothing more than a bunch of still images pieced together to create the illusion of motion?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Farah DinRe: Timing issues, please help
by on Dec 7, 2009 at 6:19:06 pm

Thank you for your reply. I am new to this so there are many things that have to be explored, however I shan't need a "diagnosis" as I have managed to sort it out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]