ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Graphical equalizer tutorial??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris GraysonGraphical equalizer tutorial??
by on Dec 5, 2009 at 10:37:34 pm

Greetings everybody,

I am hoping to make a video for Campus Movie Fest and have decided upon a particular music video. I have everything pretty much story boarded and all that jazz, but one of the largest obstacles I see at this point is figuring out how to tie a graphical equalizer to the track. I searched around in tutorials and old posts and wasn't able to make much sense of the questions that have been asked in the past.

From what I understand I need to use expressions and do some scripting with the samples of the audio track? I have a pretty robust CS background and don't mind going about it this way, but any clarity that you all could offer as far as the best way to go about this would be much appreciated.

In summary I am looking for:
-A tutorial on how to make a graphical equalizer in Adobe After Effects CS 4
-Tutorials on the various components of Adobe After Effects CS 4 that I need to know better to create this sort of animation

Thanks in advance,

Return to posts index

david bogieRe: Graphical equalizer tutorial??
by on Dec 6, 2009 at 6:28:52 pm

Why are you not simply using the audio Spectrum and Audio Waveform effects?

Noise Industries has a few freebies for FxFactory that work in FCP/Motion and AE. One of them was a fabulous mutli-function VU display but, alas, it is no longer listed on the NI site. It's really cool and is made by CoreMelt, seems they've gone to their own rendering engine and no longer support the NI FxFactory system. bummer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved