ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Scripting Question, is my idea possible?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
johnathan hawkinsScripting Question, is my idea possible?
by on Dec 5, 2009 at 10:30:03 pm

Hello all,

I have a need to automate something in AE CS4 for some "idents"/"Coming next" screens that will be used over my network.

I have had a quick look at the script guide but when it comes to scripting I'm not up to speed these days and since this will be for personal use and done in limited free time I thought I'd ask if it was possible before I invested a large amount of time into trying to make it work.

My question is, is it possible to open a project, change the text in 1 or more text layers in a selected comp (without editing pos, style, size) render the output to a movie then close without saving the project within the same script?

Thank you for your help. And a big thank you to this site, it has taught me much since I've been coming here.

Return to posts index

Xinlai NiRe: Scripting Question, is my idea possible?
by on Dec 6, 2009 at 2:52:31 am

This is exactly what a script should do, take a look at the object model from the scripting guide, especially project, text layer (text source property) and output module/ render item.

Xinlai Ni
Software Engineer, Google Inc.

Return to posts index

Will CavanaghRe: Scripting Question, is my idea possible?
by on Dec 6, 2009 at 11:37:27 pm

You may find that this is a good jumping off point for a lot of what you want to do...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved