ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

marquee lights ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Delmarquee lights ?
by on Dec 5, 2009 at 9:52:58 pm

Is there a way to running marquee lights (animated) around a poster?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: marquee lights ?
by on Dec 5, 2009 at 10:55:15 pm

Try the Vegas effect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

David DelRe: marquee lights ?
by on Dec 5, 2009 at 11:35:40 pm

That Todd, but I am having a hard time finding a tutorial on how to use it - the help file doesn't indicate how it is used and searches on google bring up Sony Vegas rather than Vegas effect from After effects - any quick tutorial on this works?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: marquee lights ?
by on Dec 6, 2009 at 12:01:11 am

Are you saying that you need a tutorial on how to apply an effect?

Also, what search are you using? This search brings up several things that should be useful for you.

That said, I recommend against seeking out a specific step-by-step tutorial for everything. Unless you are willing to read and learn and figure things out for yourself, you're going to have a hard time developing a deep understanding of any software or animation in general, and you will have a harder time expressing your own creativity.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

David DelRe: marquee lights ?
by on Dec 6, 2009 at 5:54:20 pm

I am working through it on my own, yes I agree but I am finding since most like marquee go off and on, the Vegas lights move like a snake, rather than the effect I want.
I am going to try and find a bulb from the top and put a glow on it and keyframe it off / on - and then copy it 30-40 time and see how that looks because I with Vegas it doesn't seem to work the way I want, or I am just lacking the experience with it to use it properly.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: marquee lights ?
by on Dec 6, 2009 at 1:04:49 am

here's a downloadable project that uses vegas effect.

http://www.motionworks.com.au/2008/04/ecg/

http://technicolorsoftware.hostzi.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]