ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Red Type is breaking up

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil ListerRed Type is breaking up
by on Dec 5, 2009 at 5:49:43 pm

Everytime I try to use red-colored type in AE CS3, I get break up when rendered. I'm using the highest rez for output, but it still gets jaggies or razor tooth. It doesn't seem to matter what font I use either. Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Phil Lister

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Red Type is breaking up
by on Dec 5, 2009 at 8:58:09 pm

other colors have this? I would test a Tiff output, font size, collapse transformation switch. red and yellow are prime candidates for 4:1:1 bleeding.

Return to posts index

david bogieRe: Red Type is breaking up
by on Dec 6, 2009 at 6:35:03 pm

Searching the forum will uncover several related threads.
We'd really need to know what "breakup" means for you, though, and where it's visible. Actually in the pixels re just on your monitor during layback and in what video format?

You can easily use a vectorscope or the vector function in Color Finesse to stay in the red box or within the chromatic limitations of any chosen codec.

Return to posts index

Phil ListerRe: Red Type is breaking up
by on Dec 7, 2009 at 12:52:24 am

OK, it's SD video and by break up, I mean I only see parts of letters or they tend to look very jagged or have bad refined edges.
The final bad result is visible on my CRT TV monitor and on my flat panel PC monitor. Never really noticed this problem before.

Whether I create the lettering in Photoshop or type it directly from AE's type tool. You guys are talking way over my head too! What should the settings be when typing in AE?

Phil Lister

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Red Type is breaking up
by on Dec 7, 2009 at 3:37:02 pm

Reduce the saturation of your red type a bit. Computer monitors and TV monitors work differently. What looks fine on a TV screen looks washed-out on a computer monitor. Conversely, what looks good on a computer monitor starts tearing and bleeding on a TV.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved