ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE can't launch background process anymore ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dumeyni ArnaudAE can't launch background process anymore ?
by on Dec 4, 2009 at 10:59:23 am

Hello Cow,

It was working fine since quite some time with multiprocessing enabled with 3 cores.
Then AE started slowing down the entire system when launching. A quick look at the process manager tells me that a single instance of AE is using only 130 Mb. Thats not big. I'm on CS4 9.0.2 , xp 32 bits, 4Gb RAM. When AE is launched there's now only one instance.

When doing some RAM previewing it works fine until i stop the previewing and AE pops : "All background process have terminated. You might need to restart application"

So I modified the multiprocessing to use only 2 cores, but its all the same. Deleting preference didn't helped either.

When disabling the multiprocessing the error isn't here anymore, but the slow start is.

Any ideas ?

Return to posts index

Justin GrayRe: AE can't launch background process anymore ?
by on Dec 4, 2009 at 3:08:53 pm

I'm having precisely the same problem here. Irritating as hell.

- Justin Gray
KLTV Promotions

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE can't launch background process anymore ?
by on Dec 4, 2009 at 5:15:55 pm

[Dumeyni Arnaud] " ...was working fine since quite some time with multiprocessing enabled with 3 cores.... I'm on CS4 9.0.2 , xp 32 bits, 4Gb RAM..."

You have have been using multiprocessing before, but you don't have enough RAM to use multiprocessing effectively. In multiprocessing mode, AE only starts working efficiently when you're able to allocate 3 GB PER CORE. I'll let you do the arithmetic for your machine.

Multiprocessing: a great idea, but a real RAM hog.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]