ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Export Footage Freezing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff NelsonExport Footage Freezing
by on Dec 3, 2009 at 2:47:51 pm

This is my first post to Creative Cow, in the past I have been able to find the answer to my problems, but this time I was not able to so I decided to post.

I am creating a short video that is a mixture of footage I shot with a Panasonic AG-HMC 150 and animation created in After Effects. I logged and transferred the footage into FCP then edited the sequences I wanted and export as mov files and then imported into AE (I also tried using FCPtoAE and had the same problem). After adding the effects I wanted in AE I rendered the files out. But that is where the problems start. When I view the rendered files they "stall" or freeze on a frame and then a moment later start again but a couple of frames forward. I have confirmed that problem does not exist on the files I am exporting from FCP, I am lost.

I am lost any help you can offer would be great.

Return to posts index

Dave JohnsonRe: Export Footage Freezing
by on Dec 3, 2009 at 6:23:05 pm

There is probably nothing wrong with your files ... it's just that even the beefiest of computers usually have a very hard time playing back uncompressed video files in real time (without the full hardware support and better software support within an NLE program). Perhaps just put the video to tape, burn it to a DVD or whatever your intended delivery format is to confirm that your exports/renders are fine. There have been many post on this subject so, if you want more detail, try search terms like "QuickTime playback", "QuickTime skipping", etc.

Return to posts index

Jeff NelsonRe: Export Footage Freezing
by on Dec 4, 2009 at 2:52:04 pm

thanks for your response and you were right. after your comment i explored what format after effects was rendering out the file in, and noticed it was using "animation" i changed it to apple pro res, to match my video files and then my machine had no problem (makes sense since apple pro res is a compressed format). i knew there had to be post on the topic and thanks for giving me the kick in the right direction to find them.

Return to posts index

Dave JohnsonRe: Export Footage Freezing
by on Dec 4, 2009 at 8:36:34 pm

Glad to help, Jeff. And, I hope I didn't seem to have a "kicking" tone in my wording ... if so, it was totally unintentional.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved