Microsoft Visuall C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Fi...
R6025
-Pure Virtual function Call

Close that and get this...

DDE Server Window: AfterFX.exe
-application error
Te exception unknown software exception (0x40000015) occurred in the application at location 0x28097ece
click OK to terminate the program

I have been working in a large pre-made afterFX project. Every time I try to render, I get that series of messages, usually twice. I tried shutting down the multiprocessor function in the preferences, did not get the messages, but took forever to render. 30 seconds 6+ hours!!!
Any chance you guys know of a fix? Especially one that will not jeapordize my current project, etc????
I did some searching online and found a couple of suggestions for this fix. None of them sounded safe, so I have done nothing.
Just got the blue screen of death and the computer restarted, seemingly fine.

Please contact me quickly if at all possible.
Thanks
Hank

Pixel Lightening Productions, Inc.
6160 Woodstone Drive
Naples, FL 34112
http://www.plpi.tv
hank@plpi.tv

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: microsoft C++ error in AfterFX CS3
on Dec 3, 2009 at 3:43:28 pm

[Hank Sorrick] "I tried shutting down the multiprocessor function in the preferences, did not get the messages, but took forever to render. 30 seconds 6+ hours!!! "

Uh-huh. Depending on what you're doing, that may not be a bad render time. But without knowing any specifics about your system, It would appear that that you don't have sufficient RAM to take advantage of multiprocessing in AE.

It may not be related to your situation, but it's also extremely good practice to disable Open GL for rendering. It's basically useless... so much so that the guys at Adobe don't use Open GL when rendering.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Hank Sorrick
on Dec 3, 2009 at 4:16:17 pm

Dave,

Thanks for the response. I have tried a few more tweaks and gotten nowhere fast. I am running a dual quad core PC system with 2.6g of usable ram.... if that makes a difference. I was pretty happy with my prefs until now. Changed them back and forth with test renders and no significant change. Any other thoughts?

Hank

Good, Fast, Cheap... Pick 2.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Dec 3, 2009 at 7:00:37 pm

That's a lot of cores, and not a lot of RAM.

After Effects launches a separate instance of its renderer for each core in your system, and each instance will require access to plenty of RAM to store the footage, caches, layers, etc.

I recommend 2 to 4 GB per core, so you'd want 16GB at a minimum, plus a 64-bit operating system so your system can access it all.

This may or may not be the cause of your current problem, but more RAM should help speed up your multiprocessing renders dramatically.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Hank Sorrick
on Dec 3, 2009 at 8:58:46 pm

I know. Bigger, Better, Faster, MORE! $$$$

Good, Fast, Cheap... Pick 2.