ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Need some creative outro advice/opinion!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Austin Steele
Need some creative outro advice/opinion!
on Dec 3, 2009 at 9:07:08 am

I'd like to make an outro for my film in AE. The film has about 15 different characters (priest, cop, kids, homeless guy etc.) I have still images of each and want to show the images and the characters name (ex. Robert Diccio as Officer Bob). The film is fun and fast.

Right now, all I've come up with is having the photos flip or spin in and be off center/crooked on the screen.

Can anyone suggest something that might look good or provide an example? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Robert Wojciechowski
Re: Need some creative outro advice/opinion!
on Dec 3, 2009 at 11:29:39 am

watch that. 0:15, 0:21, 0:26 so on.
hope it helps u

Return to posts index

Austin Steele
on Dec 4, 2009 at 6:45:19 pm

Is there a tutorial for how to do an effect like this? How to freeze video and separate and highlight the subject from the background? I've looked and can't find anything like it but I know its a common effect.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
on Dec 3, 2009 at 1:10:01 pm

Have a peep at Videocopilot.net, Andrew Kramer has a freebie which flies a camera around in 3D space.

I needed to knock out a title sequence very quickly and so put my 2D layers in 3D space and used Andrew Kramer's suretarget to fly the camera from layer to layer. It made a complex looking project very quick and easy.

Graham

http://www.YouTube.com/ShiveringCactus - Free FX for amateur films

Return to posts index

Richie Tovell
on Dec 3, 2009 at 5:29:01 pm

What genre is it? murder mystery, film noire, Buddy cop?

Who are your influences, and do you have to use stills?

Coda - musical selections; in film, the ending or last section of a film (often wordless).

Return to posts index

Austin Steele
on Dec 3, 2009 at 5:41:51 pm

Thanks guys I like the Panda idea. The film is a fun comedy and is kinda like a music video.

The music in the film is funky rock music from the 70's (the Grass Roots). The credits song is a funky, jazzy, fun song. So the credits should follow this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]