ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Pause motion help

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chaddix MalchowPause motion help
by on Dec 2, 2009 at 11:33:41 pm

Hey everyone,
I need some advice as to how they do this in the video provided.

there are no pictures being taken, its extremely clean and professional, and you can not see any camera man besides the jib.
any ideas on how to do this?
thanks much

examples on video at times: 2:40, 4:30, but still watch the rest its really good

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Pause motion help
by on Dec 3, 2009 at 4:15:27 pm

my best guess is that they got creative with a bullet-time rig....

maybe, instead of using a rigid frame with still cameras placed on it and set to all take a still frame at the same time from different angles, they had a string of cameras on a line or cable, perhaps supported by a large kite. the stills could have had a bit of photoshopping done to remove any rig (or shadows from the rig) that got into the frame.

just a guess, but a bullet-time rig is the only way i can think of... it's very cool.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

Philippe LessardRe: Pause motion help
by on Dec 3, 2009 at 5:36:12 pm

Seriously, that cool but i sure is in 3d, if you look the last frame of paused motion you will see that the camera have to be very near of the kit-surfing guy but when you look at the middle of the paused motion(when the cam is on top) you"ll see no boat or anything near him(i know it can be rotoscoped, but its not) and to finish how can you have such a rig in water and an almost perfect arc camera motion, it impossible, its 3d for sure! is just(amazing) a 3d transition between to camera angle.

Return to posts index

Chaddix MalchowRe: Pause motion help
by on Dec 3, 2009 at 5:59:32 pm

i know theres no boat or anything that you can see see BUT what if they did the trick twice, first pass using the jib shot, and second run using a camera man from way out in the water or in the heli, then used one still photographer to get a sequence of photos to aligned them up and make up the rest of the missing data by 3D? thats what i think, cause if you look at the effect at about 1:30, with that jib, you can see a photographer way out on the left on the first shot

just an idea

Return to posts index

lorraine butlerRe: Pause motion help
by on Dec 7, 2009 at 11:28:39 pm

You might find this tutorial of interest.

The end result looks quite similar, and it's fairly straight forward to do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved