ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Video Playback

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Spencer StewartVideo Playback
by on Dec 1, 2009 at 6:40:50 am

hi..i have just recently purchased adobe after effects cs4 and i imported two video files. how do i make them play one after the other?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Video Playback
by on Dec 1, 2009 at 5:31:24 pm

Your post reveals that you have much to learn about After Effects, and I mean A LOT. You're so green you almost have no business opening the application right now. This is NOT the kind of application where you can achieve a given effect in a few easy steps. There is simply too much to learn. It does NOT work intuitively, and you will discover pitfalls as well as many rewards if you decide to keep with it.

But first, you need a ton of schooling. I recommend looking at the AE Basics (or AE 101, I forget the actual name) section on Andrew Kramer's web site.

For a thorough After Effects education, I recommend Total Training's After Effects DVDs. Chris and Trish Meyer's series of AE books, while not as thorough, are very good, too. There are also very good AE tutorials right here on the COW, too.

And as a reference work, you can't beat AE's own online help.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Video Playback
by on Dec 1, 2009 at 6:36:37 pm

In addition to the resources that Dave mentions, I recommend working your way through the materials under the "Getting started" heading on this page.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved