ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Easy(est) Workflow for Long Vector Timelines?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles FerranEasy(est) Workflow for Long Vector Timelines?
by on Nov 30, 2009 at 4:43:33 pm

Hello, I've got a client coming up here who is going to want a lot of work like the video link below. Lots of vector art, stuff building out, creating, breaking down etc. I have an idea of how to do all this (create everything in Illustrator and animate with masks in AE) but I was wondering if maybe there was an easier workflow for this type of work since this client will want a lot of it, any plug-ins I might look at? alternate programs even? I don't want to kill myself with work when there is an easier solution out there. ANY help is appreciated, work smart, not hard.

Thanks! here's the video link:
http://www.vimeo.com/7395079

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Easy(est) Workflow for Long Vector Timelines?
by on Nov 30, 2009 at 6:04:11 pm

Here's an important question: do you plan to retain the 2D look of that example clip? You're not planning on complicating life for yourself by doing a lot of 3D work, right?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Charles FerranRe: Easy(est) Workflow for Long Vector Timelines?
by on Nov 30, 2009 at 6:34:56 pm

ohhhh no, I think it would be very 2d, clean simple design, no need to hang myself with 3d, maybe the next project I'll move up to the 3d world :)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Easy(est) Workflow for Long Vector Timelines?
by on Nov 30, 2009 at 7:08:42 pm

Good for you.

Mind you, I'm not an Illustrator guy, I have a guy who makes Illustrator stuff for me. So this may be just silly-sounding: avoid using Illustrator files containing layer styles, or flatten them first, within the layers you want to retain for animation in AE.

But the terms "layer styles" and "clean, simple design" don't have a heck of a lot to do with one another in the first place.

Your plan of attack sounds good. Keep in mind that AE's Stroke effect is bitmapped, so you have to be careful how you use it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Charles FerranRe: Easy(est) Workflow for Long Vector Timelines?
by on Nov 30, 2009 at 7:26:40 pm

Thanks for confirming, time to get to work! look out for me in the coming days/weeks I may post more questions regarding this issue :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]