ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Problem with Motion Blur

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Can Köprülü
Problem with Motion Blur
on Nov 28, 2009 at 11:29:47 am

Hello folks,
I have a problem with After Effects CS4. When I render my animation with Motion Blur activated, the Blur kind of "hangs" after the last frame in motion. Let me explain: The moving text already stopped, but the blur is still there, looking exactly the same like in the last frame the text moved. This only happens, when I render. In the preview everything is perfect. I already tried to split the layer at the frame after the text stopped moving and deactivated motion blur for this layer. With no result, still the same result after rendering.
Does anyone know this problem? Did'nt find anything using google...

Can

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Problem with Motion Blur
on Nov 30, 2009 at 3:10:21 pm

There are two things to check right away:
  • Is Open GL enabled for rendering? If it is, turn it off. Do it now. It does more harm than good.
  • What kind of footage is in your project? It makes a difference. Read on:

Dave's Stock Answer #1:

If the footage you imported into AE is any kind of the following -- footage in an HDV acquisition codec, MPEG1, MPEG2, mp4, m2t, H.261 or H.264 -- you need to convert it to a different codec.

These kinds of footage use temporal, or interframe compression. They have keyframes at regular intervals, containing complete frame information. However, the frames in between do NOT have complete information. Interframe codecs toss out duplicated information.

In order to maintain peak rendering efficiency, AE needs complete information for each and every frame. But because these kinds of footage contain only partial information, AE freaks out, resulting in a wide variety of problems.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Can Köprülü
on Nov 30, 2009 at 3:15:09 pm

OpengGL already was turned off and the Footage are Adobe Illustrator Files.
I now rednered the Clip two times. One time with Motion Blur on and one time with Motion Blur turned off, afterwards I put the two Clips together at the Critical Point, no good workaround!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 30, 2009 at 5:19:55 pm

Okay, with no additional information about your comps or your system, I can only offer one more suggestion: turn off multiprocessing, aka "render simultaneous frames". Typically, systems with less than 16GB RAM can't use it effectively, and multiprocessing turns into a waste of good RAM.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jeremy Cox
on Dec 6, 2009 at 11:02:50 pm

Make sure your Shutter Phase is set to 0 and that none of your keyframes are between frames (can happen if you are stretching or time remapping). After effects thinks the motion is starting/stopping part way through the frame. Imagine if you took a photo with the shutter speed set to 1 second, but the camera was moving for the first 1/2 second and was perfectly still for the second 1/2 second.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]