ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Tutorial Suggestions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kurt LarsonTutorial Suggestions
by on Nov 27, 2009 at 8:55:56 pm

hey guys i want to do some tutorials in the future... but i have no idea what people want so if you guys can give me some suggestions or examples of what you want to know, then ill try to figure something out and hopefully come out with some tutorials on after effects... i also know sony vegas..

btw these tutorials can be anything from basic beginner to more advanced effects and animations

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: Tutorial Suggestions
by on Nov 28, 2009 at 7:32:26 pm

I'd look at what's out there and fill in the gaps.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Tutorial Suggestions
by on Nov 28, 2009 at 9:13:27 pm

A general tip:

Don't create a "tutorial" that is nothing but a poorly researched string of actions. I see far too many such tutorials, in which the approach being shown is far from the best or most efficient way to accomplish something. Make sure that there is an advantage to the way that you're demonstrating, and state what that advantage is.

Also, I most appreciate the tutorials that seek to demonstrate and explain one or two broadly applicable concepts or techniques, rather than a string of techniques to achieve one narrow end. That way, a peson watching or reading your tutorial actually learns how to use and understand the software, as opposed to only being able to follow step-by-step recipes with no understanding.

(As you can imagine, I have some deep peeves here.)

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Joe MoyaRe: Tutorial Suggestions
by on Dec 3, 2009 at 2:49:17 am

You could really make an impact if you could make a tutorial explaining how this was done (or equivalent using AE).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved