ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

changing nested comps duration globally

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Pughchanging nested comps duration globally
by on Nov 27, 2009 at 11:00:19 am

I have ten comps - each of which have around 30 nested comps - I've made an error in the comp duration and now want to change it from 30 secs to 40 secs - is there a way to do this globally? Without having to manually go into all the 30 nested comps and change them one by one? I've searched the manual online and can't find anything.

Of course all the media needs to be dragged out to fit the new comp length too....

Many thanks,

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: changing nested comps duration globally
by on Nov 27, 2009 at 5:42:14 pm

from "Composition settings":

"Jeff Almasol provides a script on his redefinery website to set the frame rate and duration of the current composition and all compositions nested within it."

I found this with this After Effects Community Help search.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Eugene ConstableRe: changing nested comps duration globally
by on Jan 7, 2010 at 5:34:19 pm

This little script just saved me hours of ploughing through nested comps that were the wrong duration..thankyou thankyou!!!!!

Return to posts index

Ryan SuterRe: changing nested comps duration globally
by on Mar 12, 2016 at 3:49:57 am

If anyone is wondering but as of March 2016, the site is still up and the script still works.

Return to posts index

Paul GaleRe: changing nested comps duration globally
by on Jul 1, 2016 at 10:51:35 am

Doesn't seem to work at all in AE 2015.3 Over the last few AE versions it seems quite a few scripts need updating to work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved