ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendering to FLV in AE but file does not work on server

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anh LyRendering to FLV in AE but file does not work on server
by on Nov 25, 2009 at 4:28:13 am

Hi,

I tried to export a video to FLV using the render queue. The result is great when I import into Flash and view the file locally.

However, when I upload the .flv to a server to stream, the video file does not work. The .flv automatically changes it's extension name to a .zip file. Even when I rename the extension to .flv, it still does not work.

This does NOT happen when I export in AE through File>>Export>>Flash (quality isn't as good and video background isn't transparent, like I wanted it ... but video works).

Is there something wrong with my settings?

Return to posts index

Aaron KierskyRe: Rendering to FLV in AE but file does not work on server
by on Nov 25, 2009 at 4:53:47 pm

strange problem indeed, sounds more like a server problem than after effects. just a thought, flash now supports h264 video, have you tried exporting a .mov with h264 and streaming that in flash? how are you trying to stream the video in flash? there are a few different ways to do that too. as a test, have you tried importing the flv into flash and using the built-in player that flash has? or if you have a player on your server that CAN play flv's, you could try replacing the flv that player loads to your new one. try the h264 first though, better quality video anyway.

good luck!
ak

Return to posts index

Anh LyRe: Rendering to FLV in AE but file does not work on server
by on Nov 28, 2009 at 8:44:05 am

Thanks for your response. I feel silly, but I finally figured it out after hours of re-rendering the videos in AE. If you're using Fetch to FTP the video file, then your default upload format should be set to "text" not automatic. You can change this in Fetch under Preferences>>Upload tab.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]