ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Bold Red Stripe While Scrubbing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Edge
Bold Red Stripe While Scrubbing
on Nov 24, 2009 at 11:28:03 pm

Whenever I scrub through a composition, I get a big, bold, solid red, diagonal line going through my composition window from the top right corner to the bottom left. The animations are still shown and ram previews work fine, the problem only occurs while scrubbing. This never happened with CS3. I've searched the forums here, the Adobe help guide, and of course Google but haven't found any mention of this issue. I'm using CS4 on a Macbook Pro with Leopard.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Bold Red Stripe While Scrubbing
on Nov 24, 2009 at 11:30:04 pm

it's a demo plugin

http://technicolorsoftware.hostzi.com/

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 24, 2009 at 11:31:50 pm

Are you using any third-party plugin tryout versions? It sounds like you need to buy them to remove the nasty stripe. Or re-register the ones you have.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mike Edge
on Nov 24, 2009 at 11:47:19 pm

Thanks for responding but I'm not using any plug ins (although I do know the thinner lines you're referring to from previous experiences). This line only appears while scrubbing; as soon as I take my finger off the trackpad button, it disappears, and never appears during a ram preview or when I render out a clip. It doesn't seem to be preventing me from doing anything, it's just more of a nuisance that gets in the way of seeing everything in the window.

Return to posts index

Mike Edge
on Nov 24, 2009 at 11:48:36 pm

I also just noticed that the red line appears even if I scrub through a totally empty comp (one without any layers).

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Nov 24, 2009 at 11:56:16 pm

I think I've seen this with certain opengl stuff. Try turning it off.

http://technicolorsoftware.hostzi.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]