ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

anchor point reset

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Kierskyanchor point reset
by on Nov 24, 2009 at 6:45:48 pm

Hi all,
looking for a way to reset the anchor point, but offset it to the current location.
for example I have the anchor points of multiple layers all aligned, with the layers being offset, to get nice rotation around a point, then I want to break them free of that and move them indipendantly.
so I want the anchor point to move to the layer, not the layer to move to the current anchor point location.

kinda confusing, I could split the layer and manually move the layer back to it's previous location, but getting the same 3d rotation never quite works out.

any thoughts? thanks!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: anchor point reset
by on Nov 24, 2009 at 6:56:20 pm

There are instructions for moving and resetting anchor points on this page, including a link to a script for moving the anchor points of selected layers without moving the layers in the composition frame.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Aaron KierskyRe: anchor point reset
by on Nov 24, 2009 at 7:14:17 pm

I can't believe I didnt see that link, I was just on that page. Alas, I am running AE7, the script is for CS2+, I tried it, but to no avail.

thanks for the tip!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved