ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Multiple objects become one

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron CraigMultiple objects become one
by on Nov 23, 2009 at 6:14:56 pm

Posted this on the "basics" forum a few days ago but the traffic isn't heavy there and I'm looking for a bit more advice:

I've been using After Effects long enough (not as an expert) to know how I can manually accomplish what I want to do. My question is whether there is a faster/simpler way or, preferably, a plug-in that would handle this:

I need to create an illusion of multiple objects (probably identical images) filling the screen, and then having them "collapse" into just one single version of the object, leaving the rest of the screen empty. Read "collapse" however you want: as a formulaic shrinking of "all-to-one" or a more random collapse. That part isn't yet decided.

Perhaps there are previous threads on this but I did a search and perhaps I just didn't think of the correct search terms. I didn't find an answer.

Any guidance -- especially to applicable plug-ins -- much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: Multiple objects become one
by on Nov 23, 2009 at 7:11:02 pm

One option: use Particular where you shoot out copies of an object toward camera (long lens), then they freeze. Varied lifespans, so they each disappear randomly. Then render and reverse. (Or precomp and reverse.)

It should work.

If you don't have Particular, you could try Particle Playground, I suppose.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Multiple objects become one
by on Nov 24, 2009 at 2:18:55 am

Steve's answer is pretty much what I gave to the same question on the Basics forum:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Ron CraigRe: Multiple objects become one
by on Nov 24, 2009 at 3:43:05 pm

Yes it is. I mentioned the posting on the other forum when I posted here. I thanked you for your help there and repeat those thanks here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved