ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rendering/Saving a Smaller File Size?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben CooperRendering/Saving a Smaller File Size?
by on Nov 22, 2009 at 5:42:31 pm

Hi Guys,

Firstly sorry if this question has already been asked, i have had a look through the forum and tutorials and cannot find anything!

I've just done some editing on an AVI file that someone asked me to do, basically i needed to switch the file from landscape to protrait and I added in a few mutes for the bad language.

Now when i come to render it again (Keeping in mind the original file was 5.7mb) the file save at 800mb, i've tried playing around with the render settings but the lowest i can get the file is about 70mb.

Naturally I want to keep the quality of the file at Full (which i shouldn't imagine is a problem as it's just keeping the sae resolution as it was before at 5.7mb) I'm just stumped as to how to keep the res. and keep it reasonably small!

Any pointers would be appreciated!

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Rendering/Saving a Smaller File Size?
by on Nov 22, 2009 at 8:05:05 pm

If they want perfect quality back out, some good suggestions are Quicktime's PNG movie, jpeg2000. There's smaller sizes but you start losing quality, ex. mpeg2,mpeg4, h264, or anything else with less than 4:4:4 encoding. A good tradeoff is photojpeg, it's visually lossless but not math lossless. Depends on what anti-generation loss you need.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved