ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

odometer new style

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aqeel Samiodometer new style
by on Nov 21, 2009 at 10:59:18 pm

is it possible to change an odometer display like the one Aharon did to count numbers independently. I mean when i have one slider with 2 keyframes one is 1203 and the other is 1908 and i don't want that number to count all the numbers from 1203 1203 1204....1299 .. 1300 ...1906..1907.. to 1908. i just want it to increase only from 2 to 9 and from 3 to 8 and the rest stay as helps when keyframes are so close to each other and the numbers are very different like (1200 and 9200 )because digits will move very fast to count all the numbers between them.any help ?

Return to posts index

Jim DodsonRe: odometer new style
by on Nov 22, 2009 at 2:08:38 am

Not sure I understand -- but I think, if you use HOLD keyframes, the values will pop to to just the numbers you set each keyframe's value to...

Does that help at all??

Jim Dodson

8 Core Intel -- Mac - OSX

Return to posts index

Aqeel SamiRe: odometer new style
by on Nov 22, 2009 at 7:35:39 am

but i want to maintain chaning numbers like a real odometer which will not happen if we use HOLD keyframes. Actually numbers changing from 1205 to 1908 for example will increase one by one until it becomes 1908 and this is a very long process to see numbers increasing this way and might happen too fast if the two keyfranes were too close but what i need is to change only the numbers that should be changed in this example i only want 2 to move number by number until it reaches 9 and 5 moves up number by number up to 8 and the rest of the digits will stay as is .i did that using four sliders for each digit and i want to do that using only one slider that has 2 keyframes one with 1205 and the other 1908.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved