ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

amazing photo image effects and transitions?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
danny kimamazing photo image effects and transitions?
by on Nov 20, 2009 at 12:54:05 am

so ive spent hours upon hours trying to figure out how or what was used to complete this image video transition but soooo got confused. googled it and looked through ccows but cant figure it out. im new to this so i might have been looking up the wrong search terms, please forgive me if thats the case but imo this was done amzingly well and would like to learn to dupe the transition effects used..

My questions... what editing software can do this? im assuming many but im guessing it was done in after effects. im pretty sure some kind of plugin was used but there are sooo many different out there im just x_x any help would be greatly GREATLY appreciated! :)

Return to posts index

Aaron KierskyRe: amazing photo image effects and transitions?
by on Nov 20, 2009 at 4:43:59 pm

Not quite sure which transition you are talking about. There is a lot going on there, the real key is not to try to figure out what they did to create the effect, but study what is actually happening and think of how you would create the effect.

For example one transition I see is what looks like the image is kind of spinning to another image. I would do this by spinning the layer in 3d space on the Y axis, turn on the motion blur for the layer, then use the posterize time effect, which will give you the multiple image look.

just remember, it isn't about how they did it, it's how you would do it. many effects can be created multiple ways, you just need to find one that works for you.

Return to posts index

Dave JohnsonRe: amazing photo image effects and transitions?
by on Nov 20, 2009 at 5:24:38 pm

My two cents ...

Although there's nothing there AE can't do, my guess is that was done by one of the many automated photo montage applications on the consumer software market these days since it would be relatively time-consuming to do in AE, which wouldn't make much sense considering the likely non-profit purpose ... in my humble opinion, using AE for a personal-use photo montage seems like using a sledgehammer to drive a nail ... unless one is doing it as a means to practice AE or just has way too much free time.

Some photo montage software has bunches of pre-made transitions that you just drop a bunch of photos into and press go, so to speak ... depending on your needs, you might Google to find one.

Return to posts index

Mark LandmanRe: amazing photo image effects and transitions?
by on Nov 20, 2009 at 11:01:40 pm

Check out - it looks like it was done there.

Mark Landman
PM Productions
Champaign, IL

Return to posts index

danny kimRe: amazing photo image effects and transitions?
by on Nov 23, 2009 at 11:34:28 pm

Thank you sooo much for all the inputs! :) definitely will look into all options! :D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved