ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Shoulder "Hump" removal

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew JensenShoulder "Hump" removal
by on Nov 19, 2009 at 8:50:29 pm

Hey everyone, so I have this footage of a speaker, but I've noticed has a slight hump on his left shoulder, whether it is his bone or his jacket pad or something of the sort, I don't know. Now, if it was a picture I'd use the puppet pin, but since it's video, how would I alter the video so that rather than a hump, it could "pull" the hump down to be level with the rest of his shoulder. Any ideas? The reason I ask is because he is unhappy with the original video with the hump and wants a re-shoot unless we can fix it which him being in California and me being in Minnesota isn't the most desirable thing.

-Drew Jensen

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Shoulder "Hump" removal
by on Nov 19, 2009 at 9:39:27 pm

Well, you could try using Mesh Warp, but it'll drive you nuts: you're going to have to animate it according to his body movements. Ugh.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nicolò RebughiniRe: Shoulder "Hump" removal
by on Nov 19, 2009 at 10:37:22 pm

You can try to stabilize the footage using the hump on the shoulder as the center.
Now, having the shoulder nearly fixed on your screen you can apply the liquify effect or the mesh warp to deal with it very easily.
Since you have the footage stabilized, you have to reverse the stabilization. You can achieve that by pre-composing the footage, and applying the anchor point data of the tracked footage to the position of the pre-comp, and the position data of the tracked footage to the anchor point of the pre-comp.

Hope it was sufficiently clear.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Shoulder "Hump" removal
by on Nov 19, 2009 at 11:01:57 pm

Yup, that ought to work. Now let's hope this hump guy doesn't turn around or walk while he's talking.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Drew JensenRe: Shoulder "Hump" removal
by on Nov 19, 2009 at 11:10:13 pm

Well I've sort of figured it out. I used the CC Bender, not quite sure what that is meant for, but I set the bottom and top points around the hump and was able to shift his arm to create a clean level shoulder look for both shoulders and I'm impressed. It worked well. But when I get in to work on monday I'm going to try the above that was mentioned using liquify and the mesh. This is all new stuff to me and I'm very excited to continue use AE. Right now all we use it for is the Keylight plugin basically. I'm trying to push to use some graphics and whatnot w/ the higher ups. Make some cool intro videos and whatnot. Any good books or video series that I could buy or online lessons free or not, just anything to help me continue to learn the wonderful world of After Effects?

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Shoulder "Hump" removal
by on Nov 19, 2009 at 11:53:02 pm

Believe it or not, for hump removal, this tutorial will teach you everything you need to know, even if the actor is moving around.
Reverse tracking is very, very useful to learn.

http://videocopilot.net/tutorials/demon_face_warp/

http://technicolorsoftware.hostzi.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]