ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Motion tile for a imported stabilized video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andy bay
Motion tile for a imported stabilized video
on Nov 19, 2009 at 2:57:36 pm

Hi!

I'm currently doing a lot of stabilizing with syntheyes. I would like to import the stabilized video from syntheyes to AE and use the motion tile effect to fix some of the black borders that result from the stabilization. The clips exported from syntheyes do have an alpha channel, but if I put the motion tile effect on them, the effect will not start from the edge of the visible video but rather from the edge of the whole frame. In other words, it's tiling the video so that also the alpha areas around the edges are included, leaving transparent holes between the edge.

Do you have any tips on solving this? How could I apply the motion tile effect to my video file so that it tiles only the part without alpha, and not the transparent edges. Do I need to track the video again in after effects and do some parenting, or is there a smarter way to attach motion tile right to the edge of my visible video?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Allen
Re: Motion tile for a imported stabilized video
on Nov 19, 2009 at 3:09:49 pm

It may help if you mask out the alpha edges... And you may need to precompose the masked version also.

---------------------------------------------
8core MacPro, 3.0 GHZ, 10GB RAM, OSX 10.5.6

AE CS3
FCP 6.0.1

Return to posts index

Ludovic Bontemps
Re: Motion tile for a imported stabilized video
on Mar 16, 2020 at 3:16:46 pm

Hi !
I'm actually in exactly the same situation as you but still haven't figured out how to do so. How to "motion tile" around edges that are not the ones of the comp ? I have the alpha channel of the clip and can manage to have a mask around those edges.
Many thanks in advance !!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]