ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Exporting and rendering in HD from premier and to adobe

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke HaerExporting and rendering in HD from premier and to adobe
by on Nov 19, 2009 at 10:08:49 am

I'm making a video using wide screen high definition. I need to put the video together in Adobe Premier, then export it and edit that video in Adobe After Effects. I'd like to keep the video in HD wide screen. What setting should I use in Premier and After Effects to keep it HD wide screen and also not have massive file size? Oh yeah, everything is in CS3.

Return to posts index

david bogieRe: Exporting and rendering in HD from premier and to adobe
by on Nov 19, 2009 at 3:58:38 pm

[Luke Haer] "I'm making a video using wide screen high definition. I need to put the video together in Adobe Premier, then export it and edit that video in Adobe After Effects. I'd like to keep the video in HD wide screen. What setting should I use in Premier and After Effects to keep it HD wide screen and also not have massive file size?"

You don't want to edit in AE. You want to build your effects in AE and take those back to Premiere.
You can maintain your precise codec and pixel and color space specifications by simply making sure they are the same in both applications. If you are using the embedding features of Premiere, that's handled for you automatically. See the manual.
A small file size is not possible with HD if you expect to maintain the H and the D in HD. File size is a tradeoff of frame size, frame rate, image quality, and your willingness to accept the compromises. Those decisions are often made by deciding what your distribution media is going to be and then working backwards.

Compression is a dark art and those inquiries are handled in the compression forums. I don't know what compression application came with your version of CS3 or what application your will use. bogiesan

Return to posts index

Luke HaerRe: Exporting and rendering in HD from premier and to adobe
by on Nov 22, 2009 at 8:13:44 am

Thank you so much for that. I can finally stop screaming at After Effects now.

What format would you recommend I export the Effects in? I tried GIF because I need to keep the transparency but Premiere isn't handling it all too well.

Once again, thank you very much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]